Types of Divorces in Kamloops.Daniel
When you begin the process of divorce in Kamloops, you will need to decide what kind of divorce is right for your situation. Getting a divorce can be incredibly stressful. However, in order to achieve the best result, it is crucial that you understand what kind of divorce will be best for you. In Canada, there are two types of divorce: contested and uncontested divorce. Both of these types have their own advantages and disadvantages. Although, most long-term marriages go the contested route.
What is the Difference Between Contested and Uncontested Divorces in Kamloops?
A contested divorce happens when the parties involved cannot come to an agreement on one or more details of the divorce. This means that the court must resolve the dispute. Generally, contested divorces happen because the parties cannot agree on asset division, child custody, child support, and/or spousal support. However, a contested divorce can still undergo mediation to help resolve conflict.
Some of the benefits of a contested divorce include:
- Ability to evaluate all details of your divorce before signing off,
- The chance to speak freely and voice any concerns or needs.
Some of the downsides of a contested divorce include:
- The final outcome of your divorce is left to the judge,
- It takes more time and money,
- Going to court is more emotionally taxing.
On the other hand, an uncontested divorce is one where both parties agree to end the marriage without any conflict. For a divorce to be considered uncontested, the parties must agree on all matters of the divorce. Any issues that cannot be agreed upon will result in a contested divorce.
Some of the benefits of an uncontested divorce include:
- They take less time and money
- Less emotionally draining
- Better for parents → more amicable relationship
Some of the downsides of an uncontested divorce include:
- Some important details can be overlooked
- Any power disparities between partners during the relationship can give one spouse an unfair advantage
Contact Me Today.
If you have any further questions surrounding the types of divorces in Kamloops, contact me today. I’d be happy to help you resolve any issues you and your spouse may have. I look forward to helping you out in the near future. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel and Facebook for more information/support.
No comments yet
The comments are closed.